wide-eyed wonder
[html]

XD. 307 words.

Valinta looked up, the scowl still on her face, to see who it was that found her. The hulking man from before, who disapproved of her and Gunnar at the border. She didn’t know her name, and as the scowl grew worse, she realized she didn’t want to know his name. Mostly because… Well, because he was a dick to her before and she was getting into the habit of holding grudges.

As the female steadily tried to rein in feelings of negativity – wanting to enjoy being in her new home – the male leaned against a nearby wall and said how the caves could be overwhelming. The chocolate-furred woman nodded in agreement. The caverns were very overwhelming, as if the Anathemans would only accept those who didn’t manage to lose themselves in them and die.

"Very confusing.” she whispered, and then curled her legs up against her chest. "I have no sense of direction anymore.” The scowl returned as she looked at her knees, covered in the thinner fur of summer. Her lower lip twitched slightly, and then the yellow orbs shimmered.

Abruptly standing up, Valinta launched herself at the male and wrapped her arms around his leg (the only area she could really reach) and started sobbing. Loudly.

All over the poor man’s leg. "The caves are so confusing and I’m lost and I’m worried about Gunnar and I don’t know how you guys do this!” she wailed against the black fur, forgetting that not only three days ago, the man she cried on didn’t like her at all and advised Naniko against her joining.

"Could you help me to the commons?” the small woman asked almost pitifully, sniffling. The fur of his leg was soaked now, and she didn’t noticed as she still clutched at him, like a small child afraid of losing their mother.

<style>
.grey-valinta .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.grey-valinta p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.grey-valinta b {color:#996666; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.grey-valinta {background-color:#000; background-image:url(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-08Z- ... -table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:345px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.grey-valinta-border {width:475px; border:0px solid #000; margin:0px auto; }
.grey-valinta .ft-separator{width:85%; border-bottom:1px dotted #996666; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread