lights will guide you home
[html]
ooc;; <33

Gideons words once again invaded the males thinking, but he was glad for the distraction. His mind was beginning to loop in circles, thinking one thing that led to another and another until he was back at the first question he'd asked and the circle continued once more. It was an irritating process and he was glad the dark haired brother had given him something better to think about- Wretch doing self defense. It was an amusing concept to him- Wretch was so shy and unbecoming that it was impossible for him to imagine her taking up arms against anything. Still, the young male nodded softly. "Although I cannot imagine her weilding a weapon agasint anything so much as a fly, it would be a good idea to try and teach her some self defense. You would teach her?" He glanced at Gideon then, a look of pleasent surprise in his eyes. "I would appreciate it brother" He agreed, a smile upon his lips.

The two had reached the floor then and Saul stopped at the base of the staircase. His mind threw him new questions, and overwhelming gratitude for Gideon. Saul didnt see that Gideon was just doing what Saul would do for Melee or Range, in return. If It had been Gideon's daughter on the line, Saul would have fought just as hard. It shouldnt surprise him that Gideon was exactly the same as him in this aspect. Brushing the thoughts aside, Saul listened as Gideon told him of the wolf, who had been like so many out here- brown and nondescript. "No worries Gideon, you'll be able to pick up a scent better than recognising pelts." He agreed, before running a hand over his face and back through his hair. Ichika was supposed to be about peace, of mind and body. Saul didnt feel very peaceful at the moment, in fact he felt just a little murderous. He was glad Gideon had offered to go instead of him- if he'd caught up with whomever had hurt his daughter, he would have rendered them invalid or worse.

His brothers words made him look up and nod softly before he made his move towards the door. Before he exited, the agouti male allowed tears to brim to his eyes before he chocked out a whispered "Thank you Gideon" that he had no idea if the intended had heard him. Without a backwards glance his younger brother exited and ran off towards the scene of the crime. It was his turn to wait now. Having no way of telling the time, he guessed it to be about nine oclock by the time Gideon left. However, he was in for a relatively long wait as he settled himself on the floor. Dull green eyes could see the dripping trail of blood as it had splattered on the lobby floor, leading past him into the common room. He should probably clean it. But his mind was working in overdrive and he had no desire to move from his position. A little over an hour later, movement at the doors made him look up. Either Gideon or Nayru was going to walk through the door- and as more white than black entered he deduced Nayru. Dragging his dull eyes up towards his leader, the male stood.

"Nayru... I'm glad you're back. Perhaps we could talk in the common room?"

He asked, motioning for her to follow him into the small space next to the staircase. Once he had set them up with chairs, the questions brimming over in Nayru's eyes were enough, without words being said. And so he told her, word for word, describing what had happened this morning, including Gideon's involvement and great help in Wretch's patching up. "I don't know what I would have done if Gideon hadn't driven the beast away and Wretch had been hurt worse... She may not be my blood-daughter, but since her first accident, she is like blood to me. I couldn't bear it if she was killed." The male shuddered softly and once again ran a hand over his face. "Gideon had gone in search of the beast, but we both know the venture is futile. The scene was so confused as it was, he doesnt stand a chance of catching them after this." He said, almost as if to himself. Shaking his head softly, he looked back up at Nayru, the fear subsided but the panic still heavy in those emerald depths. "I don't know what to do to protect her Nayru... she is too shy to learn to defend herself and she can't be chaperoned wherever she goes..." He said, trailing off as if asking her exactly what should be done.

word count;;
"speech"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread