in the crossfire
Iskata had never thought that the soul before her could possibly be Faolin's mother, when the words came from the lady's maw she just stood there and stared. She didn't stop her from leaving, just nodded her head and smiled a sad little excuse for the real thing. "Tell Faolin I'm sorry.. After you've talked to her about your own griefs.. she'll understand." Her eyes were sad when she watched the lady leaving, knowing the news she'd carry to her daughter and leader would probably break her heart a little more. "Just tell her.. I'll still be waiting, after everything has ended, I'll still be here." She knew the lady would have no clue what she was talking about, all she could hope was that the words would make it to her friend, but if not she'd still see her one day.

She rose to her feet and accepted that the ebony coyote didn't wish any help from anyone and was getting ready to depart when she paused and looked off in the distance to where the two innocent souls had met their end. She shuddered and closed her eyes as she turned her back to the coast and turned back towards the woodlands, knowing her son and the broken shell of Haku would still be there, or atleast she hoped so.

Messages In This Thread