from the edge
[html]

She seemed to believe that her brother would never fall in love. Gabriel only smiled that same knowing smile and let it go. One day or another they would have to face each other as they were. He kept smiling up until she brought up his own volatile love-life. Then his expression fell; he breathed out a sigh and shook his head. “Whatever the reason,” he said, cocking his head slightly. “You two will sort it out. You’re a lot like how Corona and I were,” the graying hybrid went on, voice trailing off.

He studied her still-growing belly, then looked back up to his daughter’s face. Oddly, only pride gleamed in his eyes. “You’ll do fine. I want you to have healthy children, and I’ll do what I can to help you once they come. Though it will be strange to be a grandpa,” he added with a chuckle.

<style>
.mel-crosstxt-box {background-image:url(http://imgur.com/D0dTU.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:237px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.mel-crosstxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.mel-crosstxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.mel-crosstxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.mel-crosstxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.mel-crosstxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread