Learning your ABCs [p]
[html]

He is, he's very cute Smile

Soran could not help but smile at the dark male's actions, he was so curious about her writing slate, sniffing at it. She knew that kind of curiosity, watching Phasma write for the first time had been an impressive sight for the ebony lady herself, she had already known how to read; Becca, her adoptive mother had taught her when she was small, she had learnt what words meant, how to make the squiggles on a page turn into words, how to sound them out and learn how to turn her speech into those words on the page. But she had never been able to write, having only paws at her disposal, Phasma had been a patient teacher, showing her how to form each letter, helping her turn what she already knew into letters and words. It had been awkward for the dark female at first, holding the chalk in her new hands had been a struggle, but soon enough she had learnt how best to hold a pencil, a pen or chalk and write, now her handwriting was neat and flowing, a far cry from the shaky squiggles she had been forming at first. This male had obviously not seen a writing slate before, had never been around writing, she supposed that many wolves had no need to, she herself did not write that often, she read all the time though, she usually had her nose in a book, before the old lands had burnt to the ground she had accumulated a rather impressive library in the old Syemv house.

These thoughts were interupted by the jet male suddenly standing up and sneezing loudly. The ebony lady chuckled, knowing the tickling awkward sensation of having chalk up her own nose, she had done something similar the first time she had seen Phasma writing, sniffing at the chalk and ending up with the irritating powder up her own dark nose.
"Bless you! I'm sorry I should have warned you that the chalk can be quite tickling if it gets up your nose." The ebony fae said with a warm smile, still chuckling a little, more at her own memories than at this dark male. A sudden moment passed when she wished this male was Khaden or one of her grandchildren, she would so have loved to teach them to read and write, perhaps it was not too late, she was sure she still had plenty of wisdom to pass on through her bloodline, perhaps to her young great grandchildren, there was still time, she was willing, she just hoped beyond everything that they would be willing to trust her and accept her into their lives once again.

Then the male introduced himself, he seemed like a cheery sort of soul, very polite.
"It is nice to meet you as well Zalen, feel free to come and take a seat up here if you'd like?" Soran offered, patting a patch of the raised tree root beside her, she wouldn't mind the tattooed male coming to sit close to her, it would be easier to show him what she was doing if he was close by, she was sure he would ask about the writing slate now, he had seemed so curious about it. And she assumed that he was the curious kind who would ask about something he didn't understand. She was proved right just a moment later, he asked almost as soon as she had assumed he would. The lady smiled again, wondering the best way to explain, she would teach him if he would like, though she would have to find something to wipe the slate clean with if he wanted to attempt to write anything.
"It's a writing slate, I'm just making a list, a list of my family members, checking off who I have seen already and who I have yet to find, I've not been back in the lands long you see. My family still live here, so I was checking to see who I had yet to catch up with." The lady explained, a nervous smile crossing her lips as she explained about her missing family members, the truth was she was unsure where they were at all, what had happened to them, whether or not they were even alive. She hoped that they were all alive and well, she wanted desperately to see them again, safe and well.
"Have you never seen something like this before?" The ebony lady asked, curious as to whether the male even knew that some wolves had adopted reading and writing as a normal way of life.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread