Learning your ABCs [p]
[html]

WC: 668. Ah that's ok Smile Guessed as much. I think I'm a little bit in love with Zalen, he's so cute Smile

Soran smiled, shifting over a little to make more room for the dark male as he came to sit next to her, she smiled, bringing the slate back onto her knee so that he would find it much easier to see what she was doing. She was more than happy to explain things to him, she liked curiosity in any form and she was more than happy to share her wisdom with anyone who asked. This just happened to be an area that the obsidian female was confident with, she knew how to read and write and she would quite enjoy teaching someone else to do so as well. She shook the sadness from her head as she looked over the list of names that she had made, tracing Conri's name with a long clawed finger, she missed him so much, despite all that he had done; she could not forgive him, he had committed crimes that hurt his mother more than anything she could describe, but he was still her son, her young red boy, she still saw him as the curious bundle of red fluff, bouncing all over the place, staring with jade eyes up into her own gaze; despite it all she still loved him more than she could explain to anyone, she could not turn her back on him, he was still her little boy.

She quickly shoved this thought from her mind as the male spoke again, so he had never seen anything like it before, she was unsurprised, he had seemed to curious for the slate to be anything that he was familiar to him. He asked if it was anything to do with humans, yes, she supposed it did, she had never really thought of it that way, but of course all the books she had read had been written by humans, to her it was just something her pale adopted mother had taught her when she was small, followed by Phasma continuing her education by teaching her how to write. She had never really thought about it being a human thing, although of course, it was.
"Yes it is a human thing, well they first invented it, we just seem to have adopted it once we gained the ability to use our hands. It's called writing, it's the same as the words you say, just put down on paper, or this slate for example. They used it for all sorts of things, to give instructions or directions, to tell stories or even to communicate with others." The lady replied, smiling as she turned the slate to Zalen, pointing at the letters as she explained. Soran smiled as the male asked another question, tapping on her slate. She loved to see how curious he was, she was really going to enjoy explaining this to him. She raised the slate up a little more, pointing at the first name on the slate, Conri's.
"It's their names, followed by a tick, showing that I've checked them off if I've seen them already," She explained and pointed at one of the tick marks, specifically the one next to Haven's name, her red grandson had already seen her, and he had brought with him the surprise of great grandchildren. "Or a question mark if I do not know where they are, it's the symbol you write down if you were asking a question, if that makes sense." She replied, pointing at the question mark next to Conri's name.
"See, this is my son's name here. You're name is Zalen right? See you would write it down like this, Z... A... L... E...N." Soran explained, turning the slate over and taking the chalk in her hand, writing down each letter as she said it aloud, carefully forming each one to show him how his own name would be written. It had been the first thing that Soran had wanted to know when she had learnt to read and write, she hoped he would be the same.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread