Learning your ABCs [p]
[html]

This can be the last post if you want? I have PPed if a bit, I hope that's ok? I know you said it was, but if it's too much then do let me know and I'll change it Smile WC:800

The tall, slender ebony wolf was enjoying teaching the younger male all about this. He was so interested, she could not help but smile at him as his tail wagged with excitement as he realised that the letters were in his name, it seemed that his understanding of the system of writing was growing. It seemed that he was not feeling that this was so silly anymore, he was understanding that the letters were actually symbols for the sounds that wolves made when they spoke, and that all they were doing was changing what they had said into the words written on the page. The pair went through the book swiftly, Soran pointing from once brightly coloured word to the next, the bright orange letter C with the picture of the small ginger cat next to it, the bright green D with the (rather poorly drawn in Soran's opinion) picture of the dog next to it. E was an elephant, Soran had of course never seen one in real life, but she had read about them in human books, so she had explained what it was at the same time, just in case young Zalen had never encountered even an image of one before. Soon enough the pair found themselves at the end of the alphabet book, a zebra staring up at them from the page next to a large striped letter Z, again she explained what one of these striped horse like creatures was, momentarily wondering why it was that humans felt the need to decorate their books with such exotic creatures, many of which she doubted any of the furless bipedal humans could have claimed to have seen in the wild. It was funny to her, she too found them fascinating, but in a book filled with first words and letters she would have selected more simple things personally, things that were recognisable in the world around them, surely small humans would be unsure what a zebra was themselves, it was true enough that the pictures were bright and engaging, easily focused upon, but they must be confiusing for little humans who had never seen one of the striped creatures in real life, nor the giant grey elephant that adorned the other page. Why did they over complicate things so... Soran had actually substituted her own name for the letter S, although adding that it was also for the purple and green snake on the page as well. So she had added that Z was for Zalen as well, smiling at the male, she knew it was a silly thing to say, he had already figured it out, but she found that making it personally relevant helped the information stick much better.

The pair sat for some time, once they had finished the alphabet book Soran had cleaned the slate with a cloth from her bag, writing some basic words on it, saying them aloud as she did, to help it make better sense to the dark male, she encouraged him to copy them and he did, his handwriting was improving as they went, they repeated this a few times, Soran smiling with encouragement and simply because she was so pleased that he was doing so well and that he seemed to be enjoying himself. The pair also started on the second book, the children's stories, they seemed to be making great progress. But soon time had flown by and it was time for the ebony lady to be finding some supper for herself. She decided that it was time to end, she smiled at the male, taking back the slate and chalk, but pulling from her bag several sheets of paper and a pencil, writing Zalen's name at the top of one of them to show him that it was just like the slate.
"I think it really is time for us to leave, you've made some excellent progress here today, keep the books and the pencil and paper, so that you can carry on practising, there will be a quiz." Soran said, with a small chuckle, showing that she was just kidding about the quiz.
"I would like to come back and see you again if you'd like? Perhaps we could continue with another lesson?" The fae asked, her smile warm and proud, she was indeed proud of the male, she was very pleased that he had picked it up so quickly, she was pleased with herself too, apparently she was still an effective teacher. She stood up and stretched, offering a hand for the male to shake.
"It has been wonderful meeting you, thanks so much for letting me teach you this, I have enjoyed it greatly. I shall see you soon no doubt." The ebony female said with a soft smile, turning to leave.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread