The light of the fire
[html]
Hahaha. I think Sie did the title. And LOL, yeah. They're basically right next to each other. XD
Word Count: 312

Her feet found the path from the Great Fire to the Town Hall familiar and vaguely comforting, though she knew her nights would be different than they had been. Dawali would not be there for her to care for — instead, Maska and his Guardians took their place, and where did that leave her? If Kotori had been alive, she would have had her own home, but his death had been a difficult blow to carry and residing in the Town Hall with her brother had been a comfort, even if it was odd.

She listened to his words in response to her defense, and relief came over her as he seemed to understand. She would not be chastised for her opinions. She allowed an easy smile to pass over her face before fading as he spoke solely of passion. She could gather no hidden meaning in words, but focused solely on his smile as it again lit up solemn features with a faintly attractive light. Still her fingers worked to replace the feather she'd torn out, hands resting on her hips as the task came to its close.

Though the gesture was kind, in silence she wondered if it was a demand that she remain in the Town Hall, but she quickly realized it didn't matter. She would still have a home, even if it was shared with the now hated Guardians and Councilman — she hadn't had many friends in the Tribe to begin with, but she was sure that this would ostracize her further. Regardless, her features brightened as she offered Maska an appreciative smile. "Thank you. I didn't want to ask — it seemed inappropriate — but I appreciate this very much." She didn't mention the fact that she had no home of her own; it was clear enough as she was residing in the Town Hall.

<style>
.zero-chitsa p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-chitsa b {color:#7CC439; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px; }
.zero-chitsa {font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#CDFF8C; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#1C2313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mk5ZI.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; border:1px solid #CDFF8C; width:500px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread