The light of the fire
[html]
Since he wasn't sure, I went along and said she...could see the bunnybunny. >.> Also short. Yes, the heat'll kill you.

Periwinkle eyes slid across the surface of the Councilman's face, studying the curves and angles and colors. It was strange that she had no desire to leave the company of the Councilman, despite what had just been done to her family — though she knew it was right, it was an uncomfortable situation. Her fingers rubbed uneasily against the padded palm of her hand. Movement caught her attention as something, large and furry, trotted its way around the corner of the Town Hall. It wandered closer, met her eyes before sitting at the feet of the Councilman. When Maska spoke again, he didn't mention the hare, and so she remained silent and allowed her eyes to turn from it.

She smiled. Though she didn't believe the his offer had been voluntary, she was glad that there was no strain between them; living in the Town Hall together would be enough, and keeping it pleasant was all they could hope to do. Her eyes followed his gaze toward the burning fire, ears listening as he spoke. Ugeyudi, the word made her smile fade and a familiarly uncomfortable heat rise in the flesh of her cheeks. Still, she was respectfully silent. "I'm unsure if sparks are enough, Councilman. There are so many here who aren't born to the tribe...I wonder if they diminish the blaze." Without being born to the tribe, the Gata Hineyu did not think many of the members of this group were true AniWayans in nature. Did the spirits care?

<style>
.tlantli-supersimple {width:90%;font-size:12px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:-.1px;word-spacing:.5px;margin:0px auto;text-align:justify;}
.tlantli-supersimple p {text-indent:40px;}
.tl-ooc {font-style:italic;line-height:12px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread