nec spe, nec metu
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom center; color: #B2AD83; border: 2px solid #C0C0C0; outline: 2px solid #191007; padding-bottom: 70px;">

S'all good. Thanks for finishing this with me even though I was lame and skipped out for a month. x_x

The past, as always, seemed doomed to repeat itself through different generations, through different people, the same mistakes manifested themselves over and over again. Logic, reason, and universal fears came together in a chaotic mess of relationships, good and bad. People hid from themselves, from each other, and hurt alone, together. It didn't matter how many times they were warned. Even if they could see into the future and somehow saw visions of their future, potentially miserable selves, it seemed unlikely that anyone would change the choices they made. Would the Laruku of three years ago have done anything different if the Laruku of today had warned him? Certainly not. So of course, he could only expect the reply, or lack thereof, that Cercelee provided.

And he did care about his family and former packmates, more than he would ever care to admit to anyone, including himself. He cared that Cercelee might end up making the same foolish decisions he had, and he cared that his sons and daughter might grow up monsters like their half-siblings, like their parents. He cared that every child that had ever come under his care had run away in the end, and he cared that he had probably failed the parents, all of his cousins, that had entrusted them to him. Laruku had spent his entire life hurting and watching others hurt from his mistakes. He cared, even if most days, it was easier to pretend he had accepted everything and moved on. The guilt still weighed heavily on him when no one was looking.

Yeah, he agreed simply, and watched the femme go. Maybe, in the end, it wasn't really his business at all what she did with her life, and he really shouldn't feel responsible for her beliefs and her thoughts. Still, it was difficult to shrug away the feeling that anything bad that happened eventually was entirely preventable.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread