Meet me halfway
[html]

Word Count :: --- :: Mind if we finish this up? You can post once more if you like. :]

Was the woman being purposefully vague? Sage couldn't be sure, but she was wary and felt uneasy nonetheless. There were few outside of Inferni that had ties to the clan without being their enemies, and Sage found her golden eyes staring seemingly lazily at the four-legged coyote keeping pace beside her. The response she had given was simple, and under normal circumstances the Optio may have taken it as sufficient; but as it was, this woman had already roused suspicion in the earth-colored girl.

"I see..." she managed simply, soft tones unable to carry far in the expansive forest. Her mind reeled, trying to think of who else she might know that carried that name. She could not name any, and so with a slightly furrowed brow she took another long drag from the herbal cigarette, averting her eyes and focusing on their path. They were close, now, and Sage would soon relinquish her new company to the appraisal of the Aquila. Silently, she wondered what Zeke might think; but perhaps for now she should keep her concerns unvoiced. Many in this clan were strangely secretive, and it was not uncommon for Sage to feel that familiar sense of unease. Still, though, something was off.

Tucking those thoughts away, she gave Lennon a light kick to quicken their pace and close the last half mile or so. "We're almost there," she encouraged, understanding that the coyote woman may have travelled far already. Realizing she may as well alert him, the Optio raised her mouth to the cool air and yipped a call to their leader.

<style>
.freebietable-a05 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Q2c4x.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 105px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a05 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a05 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a05 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread