oh honey, don't you smile
[html]

The woman complied and slid from the back of the horse, allowing Talitha the chance to look at her more closely. Alaine was the same as she had been months before when she and the handsome wolfdog had visited her in the Court. Of course, things were also different — her eyes were drawn to the object in the woman's hand, laughter erupting on the inside even though it did not leave her. What did the collie expect she could do? Harm the Infernian princess? Self-important as she was, Talitha knew someone would be angry were she to come back harmed. It wouldn't have mattered at any rate — she knew once she spoke of Caillen that the woman would listen just as Talitha would have paused her world to hear news of her brother were he to turn up gone.

Alaine's words came flatly, causing a sense of discomfort in the chest of the de le Poer, almost as if she felt guilty for bringing the news. Could the collie have gone on blissfully ignorant to the loss of her child were Talitha to simply not tell her? Was it wrong to explain what had happened? It had been her fault that her lover had met his end, a fact that haunted her in so many ways other than the memory of holding the corpse. All of her composure trembled as she prepared to loose the lie she'd told herself. Caillen was dead. She would never see him again.

"Caillen is dead." The words had come out softer than she had planned, sadder. Did she miss him? Very much. With the words came the swell of sorrow she was so used to feeling, and her fingers clutched at the stag's head that hung limply about her neck, amongst the forest of tarnished branches and bits of polished garnet. "Caillen is dead, and it's my fault and I'm...I'm...sorry, I'm so sorry." When did her whispers turn into cries? When did she decide she needed to apologize? What possessed her to find Alaine, the selfishness of wanting her brother to herself or the desire to clear her conscience of a sin she regretted so much? It seemed both fueled the mind of the pretty, pretty princess as she stood before the woman who would judge her that night.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread