oh honey, don't you smile
[html]

Word Count → 3+ :: <3

And she knew, oh, she knew, before Talitha even opened her mouth to voice the dreaded words - She knew, when she saw the ice queen's frosty hatred turn, so horribly, to the deep sadness they both knew to be grief.

Caillen is dead.

The numbness could not protect her from this, this sudden feeling of a loss so powerful it could not be explained. It went against all nature for her to outlive her son. Her lungs burned, and she realized that she had stopped breathing, and wondered if she would ever be able to breath the same way again.

Caillen is dead, and it's my fault and I'm...I'm...sorry, I'm so sorry.

She felt the world pour out through her chest, and one empty palm moved to clutch the gaping hole there. Dead. A dry sob heaved in her chest, but she couldn't let it pass her lips, wouldn't let it be heard by the quiet, dark forest. Another, and this time she gasped inward, and the cool air sizzled down her throat and was lost to the terrible numbness within.

A grief so potent it felt like physical agony overcame her, and the woman twitched once, allowing another terrible dry sob to die, unvoiced, within her. "Mo mhac," Her voice was a cracked whisper, dry like the barren earth, the barren womb that had created him. The waiting was over, and maybe there was relief within her, because the waiting had been its own form of torture. The waiting was over. Caillen was dead.

She couldn't look at Talitha. Perhaps she could survive if she never moved from this spot, this quiet glade. The growing clouds overhead rumbled against one another - a storm was on its way.

For a long moment, it seemed that she would not speak again. But finally, when emerald eyes lifted once more to those of the mourning Infernian, there was a glitter of grief-driven madness within them. "How?" A blunt demand, because maybe she already knew, deep inside. There would be no lies, not anymore. Her heart was dead, and she deserved to know why.

<style>
.al-txtsun-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:190px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.al-txtsun {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.al-txtsun .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.al-txtsun .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.al-txtsun p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.al-txtsun b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread