kids making trouble
[html]
+3

There had been so many fires in Gabriel’s lifetime, but only two since he had crossed the mountain. He had caused one, burning Dahlia with reckless abandon. The other, as he had pointed out to Liam, was Haku’s doing. That was why the borders had been moved, abandoning the charred lands beyond the river. A shadow crossed Gabriel’s face at the mention of the fire across the mountain—Gabriel knew the truth. Only one other living soul did as well, and he had passed into shadow and memory. Arkham was dead; the thing he had become, Karma, was not Gabriel’s brother. He suspected that the boy preferred things that way.

“God did,” was all he said. It had been God that spoke to Gabriel and told him what needed done. It was God who moved his hand and showed him the path.

It was God, and not Gabriel, who had started the fire.

An ear turned, considering the question of being a leader. While he no longer led, Gabriel imagined if he showed himself still capable (and he was, like it or not) that the clan would follow. “I suspect because I am older,” he admitted, amber eyes sharpening. “And I have seen things they have not. I think, also, because I have always done what is best for them. Even if some people die fighting for a cause, it is one that they believed in.” Feverish thoughts that echoed in all walks of life. Was he that much different from Haku?

No, not when they had been brothers. His face tingled where the demon had scarred him. The boy’s sudden question drew Gabriel out of a trance, his face twisting into a frown. A shadow wolf? “He was a demon, if that is what you mean. A demon of greed filled his soul and made him into what he was. Weak blood makes easy gateways for demons.” Which was why the Soul line would either destroy itself or become eradicated. How desperately Gabriel wished to see Haku’s lineage end.

<style type="text/css">
.gabetext .lyrics {font-size:40px; font-weight:bold; font-family: 'IM Fell English SC', arial, serif; letter-spacing:-1px; word-spacing:4px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgb(102, 102, 102);}
.gabetext .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-face:italic; font-size:10px; text-align:right;}
.gabetext p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 1px; margin:0px;}
.gabetext {margin:0px auto; width:70%; background-color:none; background-image:url(); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: times, sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.gabetext .separator{width:30%px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b590d; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread