Stardust n' Fireflies
[html]

Though her words were more carefully chosen, and thus she appeared calmer, in truth the fire was still raging within her. Mew tried not to think of all the countless pains she wished upon Asphyxia, and attempted to listen to her aunt's words. It was, however, hard to keep her concentration, when Iskata once again mentioned the female coyote's name. Heat flashed in her eyes as she replied to the blatant lie that her aunt so clumsily had presented, yet her voice was flat and so cold one could almost reach out and touch it. She knew very well that I was pregnant. She spoke of me being, what I recall, "twice the meal", and I was pretty big back then so it would have taken a miracle for anyone to miss that fact. She paused, keeping her green eyes fixed onto the blues of the other femme. She would not believe that for a second, although Asphyxia might have lied to cover the truth; that she was a crazed, wolf-eating creature. I also doubt whether her apology is sincere. It's more likely just a result of Haku's actions. When I escaped it seemed the only thing she regretted was the fact that I would not be dinner.

She did not comment on the fate of the child. Even though her own had died, she did not wish that other children would, coyote or not. They could be saved. Perhaps besides Asphyxia's children. If she ever got the chance, she would take from the coyote what was taken from her, it was only fair. Her rage was replaced by worry for her brother. He had acted like a pup? There had always been more to him than she had known, but she did not believe he was broken. I don't really understand... Haku has always been a strange one, to me, but seems intelligent and quite normal, if a bit egocentric. He lives in a world of his own, but I've always seen it as innocent, if odd. Curious for details, she decided to ask further. If she was ever get to the bottom of what Iskata really meant, she needed to know more. But.. What do you mean, he acted like a pup?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread