Tale as old as time
[html]
300+
TALE AS OLD AS TIME. SONG AS OLD AS RHYME. 8D

Silvano lit the candle that he kept by his bedside table. Rubbing at his eyes, the boy - no, he was almost entirely a man now, wasn't he? - took it in his hand as he rose from the bed. The wax dripped lightly down the candle and onto his hand, but he did not mind the hot sensation. His free hand rubbed at his eyes. Sleep did not come to him tonight. Or maybe it had, but he did not remember sleeping very much. And now that he was awake again, he needed help falling asleep. It was really rather annoying; it happened a lot. Silvano was feeling as though he was becoming more and more of an insomniac. But he did not mind, he had the library to keep him company.

His parent's door was shut, and so was his younger sister's. The floors creaked, but they were old enough that neither one gave too much of a care, so long as they didn't shame the family. So the Sadira yout- man found his way past the burned down fireplace and downstairs. The wood croaked at him like some old frog but he continued down. No one else stirred, but it was late enough that the young ones were long passed out and their parents passed out with them. The rest were either out and not coming in for a long time or were relaxing in their own rooms.

The fire near the library was still burning, but it was nothing too out of the ordinary. What was out of the ordinary was the sight he came upon inside the slightly ajar door. As he entered, he eyed the door strangely, as though he had never seen it before. The candle in his hand was melting onto him, but he still ignored it, especially when he jumped at the sight of Giselle sitting on the couch he usually stretched out on. "Geh!" he exclaimed, almost dropping the candle. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone would be in here." He was not about to leave, but he was a little put off by her being here.

<style type="text/css">
.silvtext b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.silvtext .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.silvtext p {text-indent:25px;padding:0px 15px 2px 15px;margin:0px;}
.silvtext{width:500px;border:0px solid #000;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4k5Dt.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/WcToU.png);background-position:top center, bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:garamond, serif;font-size:15px;line-height:16px;padding:15px 5px;}
.silvtext .line {width:150px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread