Tale as old as time
[html]

I AM SHOCKED. LOOK AT MY SHOCK FACE :OOOOOOO. Dis mah last post, obviously ;D WC: 658

The girl listened to the young man's wishes, and how he too wished for a happy ending. "You'll find it, and it'll be a very lovely story~" she mused, almost wishing she could write it herself. 'Elle knew the boy loved books himself, and so could write his own life's story if he wanted. Before she stood, her pale blue eyes rested on his face quizzically. She hadn't thought of it the other way around - where the prince had to be saved. When she stood, she finally answered him. "A prince is never too busy to find his one true love." And it was true, at least in the girl's eyes. Giselle hadn't once read a story about a girl having to save a prince. It did not seem as romantic.

Her smile grew wide as he laughed, the moment she rose. The moonlight played upon her fluttering form, and smiled softly when Silvano mentioned his parents who had found eachother. Giselle said nothing, however, as she put the book away, while the young man had gotten up at the same time. She turned away from the shelf, only to feel herself being twirled all of a sudden. He grabbed her dainty hand, and she giggled at the unexpected movement, and he laughed along, but what the young princess didn't expect from the knight-to-be was his next move.

The bright moon cast a long shadow on the pair, silhouetted against the window, like a perfect stained glass image. His lips were upon hers, as if the talk of true love had given the boy courage, and Giselle's heart fluttered in surprise. She could do nothing but stand there, pale blue eyes as round as the moon as she stared back into his closed ones. The mahogany haired girl could feel the warmth emanating from the young man, but Giselle was too shocked to move or react fast enough.

It wasn't at all how she imagined - she wasn't even sure if it was real or a dream. In all of her books, 'Elle had read that it was the prince who would find his one true love, whether she was already a princess, or a common damsel. He would save her from something perilous, going on a wild adventure just to rescue her, and then they'd live happily ever after. But this, in Giselle's mind, was not how it was supposed to be. Silvano was no prince, he wasn't yet even a knight. Caught up in a world of fantasy which had become the girl's way of life, what happened there in that dim lit room was not how it was supposed to happen in the story. In her story.

She found her eyes fluttering closed for a moment, before breaking the kiss as if it were a spell. When she opened them, she had already taken a step away from the young man, and had slipped her small hand out of his larger one. "I.." She managed to breathe out, but nothing came. Giselle could barely look into his emerald eyes, her face flushed with a mix of unexplained emotions. "I--" Her eyes ventured a glance into his own, but they were not the same as she remembered moments ago.

This wasn't how it was supposed to happen, and for the first time Giselle found herself flustered, and at a loss for words. No amount of song could help. "I have to go.." Turning away, she would find tears beginning to crystallize on the sides of her eyes, but there would be no one to wipe them away this time. Like a butterfly Giselle had pushed back to the entrance of the library, and in moments she was down the hall and gone like the night. The story was left unwritten, one that had taken an unexpected turn. And Giselle flung herself into bed that evening, but would see nothing but emerald in her sleep.

<style>
.txtsparkle .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.txtsparkle p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px;text-indent:25px;}
.txtsparkle b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.txtsparkle .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.txtsparkle{background-color:transparent; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/rbbOA.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #a2aea6; font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; }
.txtsparkle .inner {margin:0px 33px 10px 33px; padding:10px; background-image:none; border:0px solid #9aada6;padding:40px 10px 0px 10px;}
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread