the storms are fading
[html]
HIDE YOUR INNOCENCE BEFORE THEY SEE RIGHT THROUGH

No worries, J-face. <3 wc:309

Esme seemed to have no problem heading right into the thick of things, despite the eeriness of their surroundings. The boy saw it as one big adventure, grinning wildly as he followed his sibling farther into the temple proper. His own tail picked up a slow, pleased wag as he looked around. “Right? I wonder what it was used for.” A home, some sort of ceremonial ground? The possibilities were endless. He crouched down at the feet of one of the stone statues, cerulean gaze seeking out its details. The stone was polished smooth in most places, but cracks and missing pieces showed the roughness that lie beneath it. Piles of sand sat beneath this statue, a curious feature.

He stood back up as his sister returned to his side, offering him a question. He shook his head in the negative as he turned toward her. “Nahh, never really bothered to. …Can you?” The skill of literacy had never held much charm for the boy up til now, but perhaps his sibling had thought otherwise. She must have been up to a lot during her time away form Anathema. Perhaps learning to read could have been one of those things. When she spoke of their father, he shrugged. “I dunno, not really. Hunting, tracking, the usual stuff. Depends on what you might call interesting. Agony spends more time with him, though, so maybe she did.” He eyed the necklace hanging about his neck as she examined it. A smile tugged at his lips once more. “Like it?” he asked, cerulean gaze turned to catch her own blue eyes. “Made it myself, for Rast, the Coming of Age ceremony we had a while back.” Jackson had been fiercely proud when he’d reached that milestone. It was too bad Esmeralda couldn’t have been there with him and Agony at the time.

YOU MUSTN'T DISAPPOINT THEM
[/html]

Messages In This Thread