Far Flung Flotsam
[html]

OOC: Ahhhh! I KNOW I replied to this! But it's gone! Maybe I dreamed it O.O Sorry bout that.

More and more she was reminded of her birth pack, Samira. She had grown used to the ways of these parts, but still sometimes it felt somewhat odd, to smell strange canines on the furs of others in her pack - or to find traces of outsiders within the borders, but to know it was legitimate. In the settlement of Samira, everybody was either a potential member or an enemy. A visitor was unheard of. And it seemed that Salsola was something of a regression to these tactics. Coupled with a discrimination of hierarchy, with one rule for the rulers, and one for those lower down like Denver - another thing he didn't sound too happy about, but she supposed he approved really; he just thought he should be higher up. Typical.

Still, for some indescribable reason, she feared for him. Nothing about Salsola sounded like good news, and she had an inkling she didn't know the half of it. Perhaps it was her suspicious personality, but he had been just a little too slippery for her liking. Caspa would never know where these protective instincts came from, but she could never shake them off: almost anybody would do to worry herself over, excepting anybody who had earned her hatred. And she did worry about Denver, for some reason. She turned away, not wanting him to see the concern in her eyes, deeply shadowed as it was, and gazed into the distance, letting her eyes pick over the parts of mountain range that showed, and the feathery evergreens that littered the surroundings. "At least, we should meet again and exchange news, perhaps in a month, or two," came her suggestion, couched in casual tones. "It is good for us mutts to stick together, considering. And I would be interested to know how things are going for this new Salsola pack. I can bring you news from the West, of course." He could take it or leave it, she supposed.

<style>
.fred-caspa { font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding-bottom:23px; text-align:justify; width: 380px; margin:0px auto;}
.fred-caspa p {text-indent:15px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread