Your oppression reeks of your greed and disgrace
[html]
300+

The hare might not have been in immediate danger, but Onawa was not impressed with how he flaunted himself and his position—or rather the position of his charge. All prey should respect and fear the hunter. The rules of mortal beings may not have a direct application to their lives, but she could see how this Maska Ahote had become what he was with a Guide such as this. The puma almost pitied the wolf, but she could find no such emotion in herself to give over to AniWaya's new overlord. Nayati believed that something about this whole situation was not right, and she had to agree with him. There was an ill sense to all of this that she did not care for one bit.

The Utina knew that he was overstepping the boundaries set by tradition and custom, but he did not believe in the authority that the Ahote had given himself and he was too angry to care at this point anyway. "Dawali may have made a mistake, but he did not do it will ill intentions and he was a good Kalona. What I do not believe is that Chief Aatu waited so long to do anything if the situation was so dire. He knew of this long before he sent you. I had an audience with him on Dawali's behalf; why not send you back with me then?" Nayati could not presume to know Chief Aatu's mind, but this was simple logic any child would know. "Undue beatings only teach loathing, not respect." Lili had committed no crime. She had not profaned the Great Spirit, had not taken a life, or stolen anything. She did not deserve the punishment she had been given.

Even as he threw the punch, the Utina knew that he would not be able to reach Maska before the Guardian came back to his wits (that was if he had any). Nayati wanted to show the Councilman he was not some pup to be chastised and who would fawn all over him. He wanted to see the weakness that he knew to be there, and as the Ahote yelped at his advance he was given that proof. It filled the hunter with a sense of satisfaction, even as he was thrown to the ground and pinned by the warrior. The air went out of him and he could taste blood in his mouth where his teeth had pricked his tongue. Onawa roared again and turned on the Guardian, though made no further move, not until more harm was done to Nayati any way. Maska spoke again, and pale blue eyes gazed up at him knowingly. The Utina spit the blood in his mouth out at the weak man's feet. "There is what you have earned Councilman. I have no doubt you will make the rest of the tribe bleed before you are done."

<style type="text/css">
.barbedanger b {font-weight:normal; color:#d84f27; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#f4ef59 .0em .0em .01em; }
.barbedanger .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#dc5740; text-align:center; text-shadow:#1c0502 0px 1px 1px;}
.barbedanger p {text-indent:25px; padding: 5px 10px; margin:0px auto;}
.barbedanger {margin:0 auto; width:417px; background-color:#5a130c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rpEpx.jpg); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5b130c; padding: 270px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#c32914; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread