those short days and long nights.
[html]
<3

Barrett, too, gave a wide berth to others in the midst of transfiguration. The intermediate stages were the most vulnerable and looked the most awkward. He was uncomfortable shifting around strange wolves and assumed the same held true in reverse; initiating the transformation while still in Zeke's immediate presence was a sign of trust. The two year old had no doubts his distant cousin was capable of great, terrible things — the piked skulls lining Inferni's borders were a testament to that — but he personally felt at ease with the savage male, and for Barry, that was all that mattered.

And so, he offered naught but a loony grin as the two reunited. He plopped down unceremoniously at the base of a towering maple and began to roll something up for the pair to enjoy. After it was sparked and passed off, he rolled his shoulders languidly and heaved a content sigh. I think I'm gonna see the kids soon, he blurted suddenly, as if much had crossed his mind in those few moments of silence. Part of why I left Crimson Dreams... so I can spend more time up this way, he added, peering tentatively at his golden relative. Faint lines of smoke poured from his mouth yet.

He considered leaving the implications of his statement unsaid — that visiting Anathema wasn't the only reason he wanted to stick further north. But given Inferni's odd relationship with wolves, he thought it better to be more explicit — if in a roundabout way. Gonna head down to the trading port, too, see what I can find. Maybe stop by to visit my folks on the way back. A pause. Then I'll swing by to see you again, eh? This might come as a surprise, but I think I'm a little out of practise, he grinned, referring to his distinct lack of grace during their play session. Might not hurt to get up to speed, right? It was a thinly veiled excuse to hang out more.

Barry's smile warmed briefly, but then he turned his attentions to a squirrel rustling about in the treetops. It darted around with unseen purpose and the wolf supposed he might finally be on track, too, if only for awhile. Another deep breath made his head spin. Life was good. Despite any uncertainties on the horizon, the future was looking brighter than it had only two weeks ago

<style>
.barry-graffiti p {padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.barry-graffiti b {color:#3CBCD7; font-family:georgia, serif; font-weight:bold; font-size:12px;text-shadow: #000000 0.1em 0.1em 0.3em;quotes:'“' '”';}
.barry-graffiti b:before{content:open-quote;}
.barry-graffiti b:after{content:close-quote;}
.barry-graffiti {font-family: 'PT Sans Caption',verdana,sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#777777; text-align: justify; background-color:#2B292A; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... affiti.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px;width:100%;border:0;}
.barry-graffiti-ext{background-color:#ffffff; border:3px double #000000;width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:700px; min-width:450px;-moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;-webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;margin-top:20px;}
.barry-graffiti .ooc {padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;border-bottom:1px dotted #222222; font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:10px;color:#555555;line-height:12px;}
.barry-graffiti .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted #222222;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread