bury me as a dog
Rory gave a nod. ”Well, all ye need is some practice. An’ ye ‘ave me. I’ll be yer friend.” He felt bad for the poor lad. It seemed like no one really tried to get to know him. Well, that was going to change. He was going to be his friend even if Micah did think that he was worth being friends with people. ”People can nae be alone all their lives, Micah.” He wanted to make sure his point was made.

He sobered as he caught sigh of Micah’s uncertainty. ”I’m nae laughin’ at ye, lad. It’s jus’ that even I don’t understand kids. An’ I’m sure people who ‘ave been at a lot longer than I feel the same way.” He placed his hand on Micah’s shoulder. ”Ye did nothin’ wrong, lad. I ‘twas jus’ joshin’ ye.” He felt a bit bad at embarrassing Micah.

He tried to think of something they could talk about. ”Do ye like animals? Do ye ‘ave a pet o’ some sort? I ‘ave a ‘orse named Treasa. She’s a white Irish Draught Horse. She’s a gorgeous horse.” He would offer the boy a ride but Micah might not like it. Treasa would be fine. She was a gentle horse and didn’t mind if other people rode on her.

Messages In This Thread