bend me, break me
[html]

He himself isn't glowing; from my understanding, it's something in the lagoon walls/floor itself that glows, not the water? :o But the lagoon is still casting the color on him.

He frowned and stepped back as she approached, terrified by the proximity. Why did she choose to stay there with him and point nice words his way? Surely she did not actually believe such things of him, that he could actually be capable of any sort of strength whatsoever, whether in swordsmanship or otherwise. Had he revealed to her his mission, that being the death of his father by the Immaginazione's hands, Skye would certainly never look at him again the same — though, perhaps it would be better off. He did not deserve her kindness or false words. He didn't deserve a second of her time, or her willingness to train him. He amounted to nothing. Why did she bother? Why couldn't she just see that and let him wallow in his uselessness like everyone else did?

You need to control your jumpiness, she said. He suppressed a need to scoff at such an argument. Did she really think, above all else, someone like Micah Lykoi could stop being so goddamn jumpy? In substitution for his silence, Storm Lily openly laughed a bitter sound, and the salt-and-pepper boy cast a quick, sad look over her shoulder at her before glancing back, forgetting that Skye could not see nor hear the ghost as he could.

No, you shouldn't help me. "I-I-I guess so, if you really want to..." It's not like I'm actually going to get any better. I suck at this. I didn't want anyone to know, least of all you... "I-I'll do my best... um... hold on a second..." What if I hurt you? Oh God, I could get kicked out, and we'd be out of a leader, and no one would be able to run it... oh God, everyone would hate me... Bangle might try to kill me... oh God...

By the time he had retrieved the long stick and returned to the shallows, the stick in his hands shook so horribly from his tremors that he could not at all maintain a combatant pose. Micah manipulated his face into looking brave and determined, but it only came out looking as if he might vomit. "O-O-Okay, I-I-I'm read-d-dy," he stammered.

Storm Lily cackled wickedly. He bit at his lip.

<style>
.rainsoundmooc {font-family: arial; font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.rainsoundmcred {font-family: arial; font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.rainsoundm p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rainsoundm b {color:#FAF85B; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.0em #FE0100; letter-spacing:.1px;}
.rainsoundm {font-family: 'Cousine', arial, serif; font-size:11px; color:#707070; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.rainsoundminner{background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dmicah.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:20px 0px 90px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; width:500px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread