time sli[p]ped away, like sand between our fingers
[html]
<333 Sorry I keep missing you on AIM T_T -Kicks her weird ass schedule.-

Barry nodded quietly and padded after her, keeping to her left and a step or two behind as she lead the way. His gait--and their proximity--was a far cry from the skulking shuffle that characterised the first leg of his journey; he'd kept at least two or three metres behind Ravesque at all times. Ever respectful, his ears were held at half-mast, his tail dangled loosely, and he was careful not to smother her, but it was obvious he was much more comfortable. He studied the mountainous terrain with casual interest; his mind felt free to wander.

It was the words she used to excuse Ravesque's sour attitude which tumbled around in his mind. One of his teachings echoed along with it: he imagined how frustrating his appearance must have been for the step-father. Barrett was a dead-beat; he'd taken all of the fun and none of the responsibility. Most tragic of all, he doubted it would ever change. He wasn't trying to impose on their family, and he had no intention of disrupting their daily lives. He wouldn't be a home wrecker. It was probably for the best. Just the same, instinct forbade him to forget the matter entirely--it was natural to concern oneself with the welfare of your own flesh and blood, even if only in passing.

A frown drew over his face as he weighed each side of the argument against the other. At length, he spoke. Look, Naniko... I don't want to complicate things for you or the kids, he began. But I saw how poorly my uncle reacted when my grandpa showed up out of nowhere, too. He wasn't sure where he was going with this; he hoped she knew. In a way, it made sense--she was older than him, undoubtedly wiser, and if nothing else, she deserved a say in this anyway (probably even more than he did). I'd like to see them--and you--at least once in awhile. Maybe once or twice a season? I'd like them to have a chance to know me, but I'll trust your judgement on whether or not that's a good idea, he concluded. He didn't know what he wanted her to say, but having the heavy thoughts off his mind was liberating. They would figure this out together.

<style>
.barry-graffiti p {padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.barry-graffiti b {color:#3CBCD7; font-family:georgia, serif; font-weight:bold; font-size:12px;text-shadow: #000000 0.1em 0.1em 0.3em;quotes:'“' '”';}
.barry-graffiti b:before{content:open-quote;}
.barry-graffiti b:after{content:close-quote;}
.barry-graffiti {font-family: 'PT Sans Caption',verdana,sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#777777; text-align: justify; background-color:#2B292A; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... affiti.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px;width:100%;border:0;}
.barry-graffiti-ext{background-color:#ffffff; border:3px double #000000;width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:700px; min-width:450px;-moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;-webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;margin-top:20px;}
.barry-graffiti .ooc {padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;border-bottom:1px dotted #222222; font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:10px;color:#555555;line-height:12px;}
.barry-graffiti .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted #222222;}
</style>[/html]

ooc ending - barry met the pups, learned their names, told naniko his surname, and was informed of anathema's "blood relation = automatically welcome" policy.

Messages In This Thread