(p)romise that was broken
[html]

Teeth and talons alike flared, a snarl rose suddenly from the ex-Patriarch's throat, the three-legged man nearly rounding on the Sawtooth as he once did the boy's father. "You think I am better than him?" Jefferson roared, caught in a rage that opened even his sightless eye. Though a milky white to signify its uselessness, a scarlet seemed to glow within as the monster flashed an anger reminiscent of the wretched Maluki. Surely he was no greater than that cursed man of the past, Jefferson remembered through bared fangs and flaring fur. Surely Noah should know the same.

"I am a rapist, Noah! I have killed! I am the threat that still exists!" Self-accusations came in a hiss just inches from the Sawtooth's nose, the scarred man breathing heat and fire as if to blaze all Noah had imagined of him, as if to set aflame all that the identity of Jefferson had been decided to be. "My name is Maluki! The Jefferson that 'accepted you' never lived!"

That finished, the cyclops turned quickly and started for the porch door, the monster within him receding as suddenly as it came. He hated to show that side, to reveal all he had been and all he was, but he did not deserve Noah's devotion. He did not deserve the idolization — it would only lead the Sawtooth on the same path as his father.

A rain started, slow at first but settling into a gray downpour. Somewhere thunder rolled, an imminent threat no worse than the scarred man's very existence. "I deserve to be alone," he muttered finally, a sudden shell of the monster that roared just seconds before, "and I was stupid to take so long to do it."

<style>
.jefferson-birdzooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.jefferson-birdzcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.jefferson-birdz p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jefferson-birdz b {color:#5E7E87; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #819DA4; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jefferson-birdz {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#788E94; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:420px;}
.jefferson-birdzinner{background-color:#CDDCE0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:20px 0px 125px 0px; border:1px solid #6E7D81; width:420px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread