Day late and a dollar short
[html]

If the wolf-woman could blush at the compliment she would have, but instead her shy smile and bashful eyes showed her modesty – modesty that was wholly feigned for Orin. She had changed tremendously in the weeks that she had been away, more than just in the ways that Bangle saw now. If only he had seen her as Desdemona the man might have been impressed, proud even. Maybe a little creeped out, too? It had been such a transformation of body and mind that Orin wasn’t fully sure that Desdemona had left her entirely. It felt more like the alter ego was just asleep for now.

“Thanks. It was just… out there… I didn’t have the time or the supplies to do the upkeep my old style needed,” she lied. A moment of silence hung in the air and then she shook her head. “No, that wasn’t it. I cut the dreadlocks shorter and then combed it out. It was one hell of a project and took days but it worked. I dyed my hair and some of my fur… I couldn’t be found.”

She stared out at the sightline, tracing the silhouettes of the village with her eyes. They both knew why she had to hide, she didn’t need to add any more. Suddenly the carefree mood of their reunion was darkened, and she listened intently while Bangle told her about some of the changes that had come about… and why….

Orin gasped, jerking to look at Bangle. Her eyes were wide with mournful shock. The man only whispered what had happened and then tried to pass it off, but Orin couldn’t just let that one drop. “Bangle no!” she cried in shock, knowing full well what it was like to lose a child… a son. Her bright eyes grew starry with tears and she raised a tentative hand to his shoulder, a million scenarios playing through her imagination all at once. [b]“What happened?”

She could tell by his face that he didn’t mean it when he called his children terrors, that he loved each and every moment he got with his two pups, but she knew that there had to be a hurt nestled deep down inside the coy-wolf that would tear apart a lesser man.

<style type="text/css">
.orint3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.orint3 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orint3 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#8FAC7A; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UdMpC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EFF7F1; outline:1px solid #3E7F25; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E7F25; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 300+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread