Colors across the sky.
[html]

Word Count: 425

Sorry for the delay!

Melee had wanted to forecast the skies since she was a young cub. She had observed storms, lightning, clouds, and all of the elements that combined to effect weather. The Guan Han rank was perfect for her because of this. It was exactly what she would like to master and teach to others someday. Though there were other things that she enjoyed as well - planting, finding neat items, spending time out in the rain - these were things that didn't matter as much to her as weather forecasting. Since she didn't think there was a forecaster yet, it would be a great job to take on when she was considered ready. All in due time, though she was impatient to be considered a ranked adult.

Nayru seemed introspective about Melee's comments, so the subordinate female merely sat quietly and waited. Their conversation was one filled with silences and thought. It wasn't something unnecessary chatty, which left gaps where the chocolate-coated girl could also remember all of the bad thoughts she had toward Nayru. Now that she was sitting around again with her stepmother, she couldn't think of why she was so worried about the whole thing. Nothing had changed. The red-eyed leader had treated her with as much respect and kindness as she always had. What had she been so worried about? Suddenly, the Soul adolescent felt ashamed of the way she had reacted to the mateship. Although she had not thrown a tantrum or anything, she had been rather unkind about the whole thing. Saul, at least, had noticed. She flicked her ears sadly; maybe now was the time to talk to her stepmother, as Scorpius had advised. Maybe not right this second, though, as they were in the middle of a different topic.

When the other female asked if she would join her in the mornings, Melee nodded and smiled. "I would like that." she replied. Indeed, it would be interesting to learn about the vineyards and even nice to spend time with Nayru. Now that it was beginning to dawn on her how foolish she had been to fear, she wanted to make amends. "I think I owe you an apology. I haven't gotten a gift or congratulated you and my father for your mateship yet." alright, so she was dodging actually coming out and saying what she had felt for the past couple of weeks. At least she was saying something about it, though. Now she would likely need to find a gift for them, too. Time to visit Halifax.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread