If only the world wouldn't get in the way.
[html]

WC: 550. Poor Djali <3. Pp approved!

With blurry eyes she looked from the alcohol in the chocolate woman's hand back to the kid's leg. She bit her lip, wishing she could take its place and share the little creature's pain. But still, she kept as firm a grip as she could, ignoring the blood that had began to dry on her hands and the top of her dress. When the alcohol began to fall upon the open wound, Giselle initially flinched at the young male goat's strength, and her eyes swam with tears when she heard its terrible cries of pain, cries of wanting its mother and wanting to run away from the pair of predators. But the pale woman did what she could with the medic's help.

Just when 'Elle thought the worst had been over, pale blue eyes attempted to focus on the needle that the woman now had in her hand. "Oh my," she whispered, tearing her eyes away as soon as she saw the glint of the sharp object. Sniffing, the girl stroked the young goat's chest, feeling its rapid heartbeat beneath her delicate fingers. It had little strength to flinch when her hand moved up to the kid's head, stroking its ears gently. "It will be alright little one." Giselle's voice was as soothing as she could will it to be, humming soothingly to calm both the baby animal, and herself.

The kid reacted again to the prick it felt on its leg, and when it bleated the ivory female hummed only louder, lips remaining closed. Blinking tears away, when the older woman began to wrap the wound, the auburn haired femme let out a sigh of relief, finally looking at sea-green eyes a bit more clearly than before. "Thank you," she said gratefully. Giselle truly wasn't sure what would have happened to the poor defenseless creature if the woman had not been around. "Oh! I'm truly sorry," she said rather quickly. "I'm Giselle." The woman would have stuck her hand out in customary greeting, but her fingers were caked with dried goat blood, and the dark woman's were preoccupied. "And my dear friend, Tux-- Wait, where is he?" When she spoke, her head turned left and right, forgetting about where her stoat was in the middle of helping the goat. But her companion was the one to give thanks to, he had helped save its life.

A squeak reached her ears, near the entrance of the cottage. It was an unusual sound, and the woman's eyes glittered once again. "Oh no, Tux!" Realization struck her as she backed away and ran towards the smaller creature across the way, and fell to her knees in the dirt. Dark hair flew about her shoulders as fingers reached out to touch the stoat, but withdrew with uncertainty. In the light that streamed in from the outside world, she saw the glistening of blood upon his leg, a wound that was not so deep as the kid's, but deep enough to cut at the young woman's heart. "Oh no... oh my, no.. I'm so sorry." Her apologies were in mixed speeches, from high to low, shaking her head as if she were the one to blame. Round, dark eyes blinked back at her, attempting to be strong and reassure the woman despite his affliction.

Image courtesy of Pink Poppy Photography@Flickr; table template by the Mentors!

<style>
.giselle-daydreamcloud .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.giselle-daydreamcloud p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.giselle-daydreamcloud b {color:#cf314b; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.giselle-daydreamcloud { background-color:#d1e6f8; background-image:url(http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/807/ ... oudsky.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f77a1; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.giselle-daydreamcloud .inner {margin:10px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3968 ... dskybg.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; border:0px dotted; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>[/html]

OOC Ending: Cambria, with the help of Giselle, heal the baby goat and Tux the stoat. Because both females care deeply for animals, they decide to take the baby goat, named Djali, back to CD.

Messages In This Thread