I'll play you a wicked melody
[html]
Sorry for the terrible wait :/

Ralla sighed in dejection. She might as well tell him, since it wasn't such a secret anymore. They're in Crimson Dreams, and Maska's sending a party in tonight to retrieve them. It's such a terrible thing, and I am fortunate that I am not obligated to take part in it. Indeed, had Ralla been born differently and become a warrior, she would be forced to go along with this hair-brained scheme, and she would then have innocent blood on her alabaster hands that would never wash away, as well as a guilt that would stain her heart black as night.

The little girl--Erzulie--came bounding over with such a joyous, innocent face. Truly, the children were lucky to be ignorant of these hardships. She was just like her father, immediately thinking of a use for the most commonplace items, and the woman could foresee the little one following closely in her father's footsteps. But perhaps such musings were inappropriate, in consideration to what Bangle said next. Ralla's head snapped towards where Bangle sat, ears pricked straight up and green eyes widening in shock before they softened into grief. As a mother, she could understand the fear of loss, but could not yet understand the pains of losing a child. Yes she had lost a mate and a tribe before, but a child...it was almost unfathomable. They were flesh of flesh, and she wondered if her own disappearance had made her father ache like it seemed Bangle was aching now. The coywolf, although he was looking away, held such a stance of that pain that it made Ralla che in sympathy, coaxing her to place a hand on the man's shoulder in condolence. Bangle, I'm...I'm very sorry... She didn't know what else to say--there were no words that could possibly comfort the man that wouldn't sound hollow, and Ralla despised hollow words and lies--Maska was material proof of this. And she knew full well the dangers that manifested the wilds there, and hence knew that chances of a pup living by itself were slim to none. It was such a harsh, unforgiving reality, and she knew that Bangle was still resigning himself to it. How coincidental, that they would've had the same number of pups of the same number of genders--two boys and a girl. The sextuplets might've been stupendous playmates, as the five that remained were proving to be.

Ralla's ears flattened to her head as the heavy atmosphere surrounded them, as if a wall were erected between their grieving and the children's happiness. She leaned down and took a bone that Erzulie had dropped before Bangle, twisting it in her fingers. I know it is hard to think of anything but those who are lost to us, she said as she contemplated the bone. It was slightly yellowed, and she could only imagine the pristine white that it would show when properly cleaned and boiled. The thought of such a pure color brought Kemo to mind, and she continued, recollecting her emotions and resolutions that had come to her during the time of his disappearance. But we must go on for those that remain. I have confidence that you and yours will grow up wonderfully fine, Bangle. 'Moving forward, looking back,' or so the quote from the book went. Which book, she didn't know--the pages had been strewn about the room in an abandoned house, and she couldn't find the cover, so she only assumed it to be from a book judging by the print. But it was a wonderful quote that she herself wished she had found sooner.

Moon walks. Moon talks. Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug39 b {font-weight:bold; color:#534e5f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #12161b; }
.freebaug39 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug39 {margin:0 auto; width:497px; background-color:#1d3843; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/azf88.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bbc2ca; padding: 134px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a7b8c2; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1d3843; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug39 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug39 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread