the crimson meadows
[html]
yes, that works. shoulda done my research. and thank you so much for replying!

She was drawing near enough to attack, yet the beasts did not seem to have noticed her. They continued to move around and graze, much like a herd of elk. However, by now one among a herd of elk would have lifted its head and sensed the danger lurking in the swaying emerald grass nearby. She began to wonder if these animals had any brains at all, so unfazed were they by the predator lurking nearby with the taste of blood on her mind.

The sound was faint at first, a soft beating in the distance. River froze and looked wildly around her as the noise heightened in volume — she recognized hoofbeats, but the tread was much heavier than the graceful dance of elk or deer. Then, the answer came to her. A tan beast of the species she was stalking had come upon her, but the idea that he was coming to save his herd from her fangs was banished by the silver creature seated upon its back.

River balked, completely overwhelmed by the shock the sight had given her. In her "uncivilized" manner of thinking, it was against the laws of nature for the wolf to use prey animals for anything but food. Her instincts told her to flee this strange sight, but the shifted wolf had spoken in a firm tone, and River knew that she must stay and hear what the female had to say. If she was to be a somewhat valuable member of Cour des Miracles, she must learn their ways and obey them. The wolfdog did not rise to her full height, but rather remained crouched, her ears flattening against her skull and her tail folding against her belly. This woman was much more advanced in rank than she, and River knew she must behave respectfully as a wolf of the lowest rank in the pack.

She left all disdain aside at the sight of the werewolf who donned a human dress, and instead looked up at her with confusion in her eyes. I vas hunting, she spoke in a flat tone, flinching slightly as the tawny beast before her tossed its great head. In old country, these animals vould be eaten, not keep for pet. Again, she kept her tone measured and void of resentment at the loss of a juicy meal. She thought it important for the woman to understand her intention. I did not mean to break law.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread