I have been renewed. DND
[html]

Table by Ehno

Word Count: 520

Bad muse, bad! Sorry for the wait, just finally got caught up on life stuff after my vacation. Hail damage on car and house = no bueno. @_@

She was growing up, it was true. The girl was aspiring to the forecaster specialized rank in Ichika no Ho-en, ready to become a true adult within the pack. Already she was a full member of the pack, but being placed higher than the Mui rank would really reflect what she had become: an adult. There was no way that she could think of herself as a mature adult, given that she knew she was still immature in so many ways. However, Melee also didn't think that there was anything wrong with that. She was a goofy, playful, loving creature. That would never change for her. Perhaps it would be tempered by experience and time, but for now she was more than happy to be who she was. Even if she stayed this way forever, she would always have her self-esteem. That was one area where Melee had never really had problems, except sometimes with her mangled paw. Even that never lasted, though; she thought herself beautiful.

As Gideon said that he didn't know what the thing was, she shrugged. Wondering why someone would want a big metal thing to stick out so much. Although she supposed it would be a good marker in the nighttime, because it would stand out where regular metal would not. "Maybe they used them as some sort of marker at night? Or they could have made them as a warning against something." if that was the case, though, the warning was long forgotten. Now those who stepped across the shattered remains of the city were Luperci and other wildlife. They knew not of the warnings and ways of humans long dead and buried. In many ways, that was a good thing. The silent hydrant sentinels would keep their secrets for another day or perhaps forever, as time wore away the paint and - in a long time - the metal itself. Then nothing would remain of the time before.

She grinned when her father called her "dear", enjoying the term of endearment. Though the feeling froze inside of her as she wondered if Nayru was also called dear with as much sweetness as she received it. The girl swished her tail, though, not wanting that pang of childish jealousy to ruin her day with her dad. There was room for both of them in his life, she was beginning to really realize and understand that. Slowly, it was sinking in and she was coming to accept the new official status of Gideon and Nayru's life together. Maybe it wasn't all that bad after all. "Ten or fifteen? You mean just for me, right?" she joked with a flick of her tongue across her lips. "I can probably eat... two or three, maybe four if they're small. I guess we will just get as many as we can. Range can probably swallow down as many as we can catch." she laughed again at the thought of her brother eating a pile of fish. He would do it, too. A still growing yearling male? He could probably eat his weight in meat if they let him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread