Discombobulated
[html]

Word Count: 351

Doh! I mistyped, I am so used to writing "INSERT PACK HERE wolf." Thanks for letting me know! :3

Melee felt herself bristling and knew she should just walk away. The petulant child would surely enjoy the rest of her day with that dead bird, playing at teatime amid the trees. Yet something in her had been struck oddly by the pup's actions and it wasn't something easily swayed from its course. So it was that she stood her ground and waited for the pup to say something else. Likely something else that would be rude. Really, it didn't make sense to stand and take abuse from a whelp, but sometimes she was irrational. Such was the life of creatures ruled partially by emotion. Melee was a particularly emotion-driven animal, too, a creature of passion that let her emotions overrule her mind a bit too often. Time would temper that, but it hadn't yet.

The coy-pup's first response was a defense of her dead companion. Melee looked at the dead bird, her upper lip curling slightly to briefly expose an ivory canine. It was a disdainful gesture. "Actually, Mr. Squishy reeks." she remarked with a toss of her head, as if the smell of the dead bird offended her greatly. She could actually barely smell it; it was far enough away and long enough gone that its smell didn't really bother her. Besides, they were canines and so what smelled "good" and what smelled "bad" was very different than for humans.

There was more, though... since Melee was assuming that she was "Stinky", she was rather baffled as to why the girl thought she had taken the younger canine's mother and home. "I've never met you! How could I take your mom and your home? That doesn't make sense." she argued, though it was probably useless to even try. After all, Symera was a child and possibly couldn't distinguish between one "Stinky" and the next. Since Melee didn't know why she was "stinky", she wasn't sure why she was being blamed for this girl's losses. She herself had lost her mother as an infant (though she didn't know how), but she had never pinned the blame on a broad group.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread