Was the fire always so cold?
[html]
I kid you not, we had a chorus meeting today, and after it was over, we all burst out singing this song :O And we sounded AWESOME! XD And I like your RAWR posts :3 Strel is one of my favorite charries <3

Ralla could see Strelein tense at the news with Crimson Dreams and understood his anger. Although she did not know it, the white woman suspected by his reaction that he had friends there. She had had a friend there once, too. Many packs held those intricate relationships that intertwined them in the most delicate of ways, so when someone reacted to another pack in such a way, she didn't question it. "I understand your point, Strelein--it surprised us, too. But Maska's word is law, now, and he has the muscle power to back it up. If it's any consolation, only those loyal to Maska went." This was a partial untruth, as Claudius and J'adore had gone on the raid. But Ralla doubted Claudius was there to do any damage--he had likely tried to do the right thing and warn them--and J'adore would act the part to protect his family, but would never dream of actually harming the Dreamers. He was too good of a soul.

The white mother smiled mildly and shrugged. "So long as they're away from here. No one else knows where I'm sending them save Ayasha, and she she'll never tell anyone. If they feel the need to interrogate me...so be it." That last part she said sternly, a hint of her fire blazing out before quieting down again. "I can defend myself well enough." Aleu, having previously gone off with Alaster, returned with her little pink tiara clamped in her jaws. Ralla picked the little princess up and fluffed her fur free of dirt as she listened to Strel, although at his agreement to take them she turned her eyes thankfully to him and smiled brightly. "Thank you, Strelein," she said with all the gratefulness she could muster. "But of course you may take Sugar. I will not need him here, and I shudder at the prospect of him being turned into a war horse." Already many of the horses were being retrained for battle, and the gentle gelding being in such a predicament made the woman shudder almost half as much as having her young ones continue to suffer under Maska's rule. At being mentioned, Sugar lifted his head in acknowledgement and bobbed it once before returning to his grazing. "And they may not ask where he has gone--Liliana gave him to me, so he is my horse, not theirs. There are some supplies in the saddlebags for the children--some blankets, a few toys, and other necessities--and the travel bags near the front they can comfortably fit themselves in." Ralla looked to the redheaded man as one arm lay rested on the horse's flank and the other curled around Aleu. This was a heavy burden she was trusting the man with, but he was Noss's chosen, so his trust was hers as well.

"Dauphin?" she said in amazement--not really a question of what it meant but more of an exclamation of the hierarchy where the title was placed. "Strelein, that's wonderful! I wish you the best of luck, although I'm sure you won't need it." For Strelein to have achieved the rank of a second she was truly happy for him, and once more thankful that such a man was carrying news to the Court. Vigilante and Niro she had met, and both were the responsible, reasonable sort. With Strelein aiding Vigilante, the pack would surely be safe, and Niro... They would have to employ the pigeon eventually, she anticipated; it was almost inevitable, now. "And I'll hold you to those words. It pains me to see our neighboring pack wronged as they were--it would be terrible to think what would happen to Cour des Miracles if this spread any further." A flashback of her vision came to mind--of the poisoned raven's feather falling and spreading the illness--but she discarded it. She knew already what was happening and what needed to be done; they only needed time.

She was happy to see her children taking to Strelein again so openly--at least that meant an easy time for them all to get along--and although Strelein gave Ralla the knowing look of what she had done, she only looked back at him innocently as if she had no idea. She remembered the far-off trip that had brought her and Noss together for a visit and all the time they spent going through the objects she had procured. In the end he had chosen the pocket-watch--the numbers and ticking hand meant nothing to her, either, pretty as they were--and she approved of the gift very much so. But the question remained... "So I take it you accepted?" Hopefully her dense brother had explained the meaning of the gift and hadn't just foisted it upon Strelein without an explanation--that would only lead to headaches...

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.firestarter .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:right; padding:0px 20px 20px 0px;color:#7a582a; }
.firestarter p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent: 20px;}
.firestarter b {font-family: verdana, tahoma, serif; color:#7a582a; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#6d152d 0px 0px 3px;}
.firestarter {background-color:#000; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/86Qj2.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7a9ab1; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:13px; color:#44331c; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; border: 1px solid #6f4632; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.firestarter-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000; margin: auto;border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread