This Ain't Texas
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the wait and the overall icky post. Gotta settle into these two. <3
Word Count: 361

The peace and tranquility of this place was swiftly interrupted by a scream and the sounds of horses and some sort of feline. It completely caught Reed and Francois off guard, but they weren't close enough to get over to the commotion before the mountain lion was stomped dead. By the time the two males with their bags got there, they spotted a lightly colored female hopping off her horse that apparently got hurt by the dead cat on the ground. Reed hoisted his messenger back over his head to the opposite shoulder and approached the pair and their huge beasts curiously, mainly interested in that adorable little girl.

"Hey, you guys all right?" The black male glanced to the crushed cougar being hoisted up onto the paint's back before wincing and turning his attention back to Dixie while Francois silently scoped out the situation. The two Optime seemed just fine, it was just the one horse was a little worse for wear. Not as bad as that poor mountain lion though. He hated that it had to die, but it had to have attacked out or pure desperation or something.

After a moment Fran let out a soft, friendly chuckle. "A couple days here and the wildlife attacks someone close to us. How nice." Reed frowned when he realized they were close enough that the cougar could have found them instead of the tantalizing sight of two horses instead. That would not have been pretty. "Well I'm glad you weren't hurt," Reed said looking at Dixie and giving a charming smile, but he meant it for the both of them. Too bad the horse had to get hurt, but they could take care of themselves better than such a tiny young lady, even with her huge bodyguard.

Then he looked between both of the strangers. "I'm Reed, and this is Francois," he said gesturing toward his lanky, furry friend who gave a casual wave to them both. "We're both new here-- and I was wondering if you've seen a friend of mine? He resembles Francois. It's his brother, but we got separated."

<style type="text/css">
.reedy1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#af6a2d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.reedy1 .ooc { font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.reedy1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.reedy1 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#302a0e; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/2iw8xeb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8d6542; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread