Geek out, with your beak out!
[html]

Well, what the hell did she expect, a magical moment between mother and daughter, where their eyes interlocked and the little girl would just somehow magically understand what she was trying to say? Perhaps complete it with a loving hug, both walking away with love and understanding in their hearts? Frankly, yes, that is exactly what Orin thought would happen. But instead she got questions, and all she could do was stare down at the pup while she was assaulted by inquiry after inquiry.

For a moment she stared at her sandy shaded pup, feeling a little disheartened by the questions. Of course she would have questions, any pup would have questions about what she’d just told her daughter. And, after all, this was Juliet – her own daughter, and one of the most curious children she’s ever met.

Look what you’ve gotten yourself in to, she lamented internally. Yet after the passing of a beat, she perked up. Juliet just wanted to know about her world, and it wasn’t fair of Orin to confuse her with riddles. Questions were a good thing, what kind of mother would she be if she discouraged them?

“I guess I’m doing that thing that adults do to you again,” she smiled at her progeny and patted her apologetically. “You have met your brother, you just can’t remember because you were so young. I carried you three in my belly for months, and then after you were born you had a few days together before he died.” She tried the direct approach, hoping this would get through to Juliet. “Titania can’t remember either, and she doesn’t know yet, but I think it is a very good idea to tell her about him.

“I’m sorry baby, but you can’t play with him anymore,” she stroked Juliet’s scruff. “He died, his body isn’t here anymore. But we have the memory of him, and we have his story, and that lives on with us. That is what I mean when I say he is here with us… And some people, even me and your father, think his spirit is still with us, even though we can’t see his body anymore.”

At times, her voice grew thick with emotion, and her eyes became glittering jewels as she told her first born daughter about the son she lost. Then Juliet had a little outburst and Orin once again was taken back. The little girl even butted her head into her arm and everything… What a little live wire!

“I know you’re not a baby anymore, but you’re not grown up yet either,” she pointed out, realizing that she was starting to lose her patience. Orin did her best to nurture her daughters, but she herself could be quite stubborn and immature, and Juliet seemed to know how to heat her up pretty quickly. “You can’t defend yourself if someone were to tresspass on our land. If a bad man found you and wanted to hurt you and no one was around he could do whatever he wanted. I couldn’t bare it if something happened to you. The flowers are a good place to play as long as we know you’re here.”

She leaned over, arching herself over Juliet and gathering the child up to her in a tight hug… that is, if the little girl let her. Who knows how Juliet would respond to this authority.

#500+

<style>
#ogift-hedgehog {width:85%;max-width:700px;min-width:480px;font-size:13px;font-family:Times New Roman, Times, serifs;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:2px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:13px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-family:Trebuchet MS, sans-serif;letter-spacing:3px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table {background-color:#bcb2a8;border:1px solid #000000;outline:0px solid #ffffff;padding:0px;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:210px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #bcb2a8;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Vxj5X.png);color:#000000;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table b {color:#3f8407;text-shadow:1px 1px 5px #ffffff;font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:3px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread