i don't dream of flying
[html]

She was forced to pull her son away from the outraged Ulrich before the merle boy was harmed beyond recognition -- as it was, his chest bore the marks of her mate's sharp claws, and blood stained the white fur there in a way she hadn't seen before. He complained, of course, but she showed no sympathy to her beloved child, the son of her dead lover, her dead vagabond. Instead, her eyes remained on the back of Cotl as he turned away, outraged that she would bring something like Cernunnos into his room. Blood dripped onto his floor from the small, mewling thing she held by the scruff, but she didn't pause to show concern for him. Silence overtook her for the longest time until finally, with all outrage locked safely away in her chest before it exploded, she cleared her throat.

"Is that what you want to hear, Cotl? That I'm weak, that I'm worthless? That I'm a whore? Talitha de le Poer, self-important Inferni princess, willing to spread her legs for anyone. Is that what you want me to say? Is it?" Her jaw tensed, body lowering to set the bleeding Winters child back with his brother and sister on the quilt before she rose to her full height, only a few inches taller than he, and let her rage bore holes into his back. "Fine. I'm a whore. I fuck other men because I can, and because I enjoy it, and if you have a problem with, then you can just take your damnable opinions and shove them up your ass!" She gathered her blankets into her arms, turning away from him and making her way back to his door, the door that marked the room as Ende, the door she hadn't wanted to cross.

A vein of guilt and sympathy opened for him, metaphorical in its realness. "I picked you because I thought we were close, that you would accept me as I am. Not condemn me for mistakes I've made in the past." A softness entered her voice where once there had been hate, a verbal need for him to forgive her whatever sins she may have committed against him as a man and as her mate. She shook her head. "And they were yours. I have no reason to lie about four dead...orange bodies left to rot in Drifter's Bay." Her final words allowed her to slip from Ende, to make her way down the hall and away from him so that she might deal with her problems in the only way she knew how.

Gabriel.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:90%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread