"What are you, then?", "I'm awakened."
[html]
No worries; hope it went well Big Grin And just as a heads up, my posting is largely restricted to weekends now. x_X

Wandering in graceful, meditative silence, she was a true model of tranquillity. Even his abrupt interruption and her warm exuberance failed to shatter the collected, peaceful aura of the Sidhe. As she pulled him into a friendly embrace he returned it, his mind free of any ulterior motives or misdirection (for once). Barry had a knack for sniffing out the laid back crowd, true (or maybe he just avoided those who weren't), but he'd forgotten just how genuine, pure, and amazing her energy was. She would've made the Taijitan Master proud. He always felt calm and relaxed in her presence, like he could express a part of himself he usually kept somewhat guarded or under wraps.

It wasn't that he was ashamed of his spirituality, but with Alae, he never had to worry that she wouldn't get it. Just by existing, she rekindled the thoughts and feelings associated with his training. Although he found the rigorous discipline of the monastery disagreeable at the time, he had to admit it had made him a better wolf in the long run. Around her, he didn't so much think about raising at the crack of dawn, the morning chores, and the exhausting exercises (physical and mental); no, he simply remembered the strong sense of community and order, the safety and compassion. Perhaps these sentiments were conveyed through his embrace; maybe she'd know, not psychically, but simply because she was aware and understood. As they disengaged from the hug, he heaved a contented sigh and beamed back at her.

Too long, he agreed. It was hard to believe over two moons passed since their last encounter; so much had changed. Tch, got nothin' on you, he replied playfully. He appreciated the compliment—their flirtatious banter was just another way she made him feel good—but obviously, a clunky male couldn't hold a candle to a she-wolf's feminine beauty. (At least it seemed obvious to him.) And good, good.... but we'll see how I'm holding up in a few weeks, he said with a wink. Headin' down to Freetown, he explained, the enthusiasm creeping back into his voice. Like a boy going on a grand adventure into the Spooky Cave, he was. If I'da known I'd run into ya, I'd have brought up some of your crops. Built a second greenhouse for 'em 'n planted some in the gardens—they're all doing great.

So what's new with you, eh? This don't look like Dahlia de Mai, he observed in his characteristic 'urban' slang. Not that he'd ever gone there, but he knew they were west of Inferni from Anselm's stories—not high up here in the mountains.

<style>
.barry-graffiti p {padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.barry-graffiti b {color:#3CBCD7; font-family:georgia, serif; font-weight:bold; font-size:12px;text-shadow: #000000 0.1em 0.1em 0.3em;quotes:'“' '”';}
.barry-graffiti b:before{content:open-quote;}
.barry-graffiti b:after{content:close-quote;}
.barry-graffiti {font-family: 'PT Sans Caption',verdana,sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#777777; text-align: justify; background-color:#2B292A; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... affiti.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px;width:100%;border:0;}
.barry-graffiti-ext{background-color:#ffffff; border:3px double #000000;width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:700px; min-width:450px;-moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;-webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;margin-top:20px;}
.barry-graffiti .ooc {padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;border-bottom:1px dotted #222222; font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:10px;color:#555555;line-height:12px;}
.barry-graffiti .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted #222222;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread