Careful news
[html]
ooc Sulky Orin is sulky.

Orin was just about to shoot another gloating glance at Shawchert, but the fire in her eyes died when she heard Skye say 'both of you.' She was being chastised for this too? That wasn't fair, it was Shawchert's screw up. These thoughts filled her head in a split second, and she jerked her gaze back to Skye in time to hear the rest of her Alpha's admonishment. She was right, they had gone without thinking. They left knowing that there could be danger in AniWaya, and hadn't even consulted with her first. Orin's ears fell back and her head dropped onto her paws. She looked away from Skye, and the tail that had just been so catlike and annoyed a moment before tucked up beneath her. She whimpered softly, a full, canine submit to her alpha.

Yet still she managed to look contemptuous of Shawchert, posturing her respect only to Skye. “I'm sorry, my Capitana,” she croaked, fully subdued. So far, the gentle verbal lashing was all she'd received, but it was fully within wolf etiquette for Skye to see fit to further illustrate their place. “I didn't realize there would be as much harm in it. We just meant to survey the area, we didn't intend to speak to anyone. I should have spoken with you first.”

She kept her eyes turned away from Skye even as Shawchert began the story. She might have been jealous that he had the glory of telling their leader the information she had gathered, but there was no glory left in this anymore. The weight of what they had done felt like she has a ton of bricks piled on her shoulders. She didn't even want to listen. Grudgingly, an ear flicked to show that she had been paying attention despite herself. What had he missed?

“The situation is dire. Ayasha is just a child, I don't even think she's a yearling,” she said to her paws. After a second, she sighed and lifted her head from her paws, but never quite made eye contact with Skye. “Maska is the name of the man who claims to be their rightful chief. Ralla is Ayasha's mother; we didn't meet her but I asked if we could, and said we would return within a week. We don't have to go back, though, if it is against your wishes. I told her that if we are not there to not wait for us, and she has a way of signaling us if she is in danger as well. Dawali – the original AniWayan chief – has been reduced to a silent Omega, and he is forced to remain in Lupus form. Ayasha says Dawali is obedient to his punishment and will not disobey the new leader. If there is a resistance, I'm not confident Dawali would fight for his pack.”

“The youngling also told us that Maska is recruiting outsiders, his gang of henchmen. I assume these are the people he is getting to brutalize Dawali's loyalists,” she sighed again and put her chin on her paws again. “She hoped we could somehow keep loners away from their pack lands so he can't recruit more. I thought we could start a rumor that loners are being killed there... thought that might help them out, and it's much better than us trying to police wanderers.”

<style type="text/css">
.orinsonnet b {font-weight:bold; color:#810300; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #f5d9af; letter-spacing:.1px; }
.orinsonnet p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.orinsonnet {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#e8b161; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... onnet1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #390200; padding: 10px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b2803; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
500+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread