we are the monsters under your bed
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Poor Max, dealing with sibling drama. Kiki, I'm not sure if Tali let Zeke see her kids yet so I didn't mention it either way. Word Count » --

In a way, Ezekiel was pleased by the fact that Max was open to this idea. He was curious about the boy and his wild stories, for certainly they weren’t all flights of fancy. Especially the idea of Max being half-monster. Without an imaginative mind, however, he was stuck trying to solve the riddle long after it was presented. Sometimes he wished he was smarter, but his strength lay in the wilderness, not in books (though he read more than one might expect).

As Ezekiel opened his mouth to answer Max, another sound drew his attention. Talitha, moving with something in her hands, halted nearby. It did not surprise him that she would react in such a way, and so he looked at her without flinching, eyes hard and ears high. She no longer had any right to tell him how to live his life, and he was going to make certain she remembered that. “That is a half-monster I found today,” he said plainly, drawing himself up to his full height and daring her to push him. “His name is Max, and he is staying with us. Aside from that fur of his, he looks pretty coyote to me.”

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread