king and country
[html]

Cernunnos squirmed and complained as his mother handled him in a way that caused the spotted, merle boy to be uncomfortable. It was more interaction than he'd received in the entire course of his eighteen days of life, but it was not something that pleased the pale-eyed boy. Pain was not something he'd experienced, yet all at once he was thrust into it under the bloody claws of the blurry orange man and then again under the small knife his mother had used to mark him as her child. With so much going on, he wasn't surprised at the growling voice of another.

Talitha waited patiently, trying to keep the bleeding pup from splattering the floor red and causing a mess that she'd have to clean up; it was selfish of her, but she had no desire to linger there after the boy was passed off to Gabriel and Enkiel and the small jackal woman who resided in the building with them. The moments of silence made her wonder if her father wasn't home, but sure enough he opened the door and started to speak. His growling voice startled the princess, who stiffly set the little boy down before backing away anxiously. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I can't do this, I can't. I can't." Babbling words spouted forth in the woman's tone of distress, emotions that she was not unfamiliar with. The large, doggish boy tried to scramble to his feet, as curiosity swelled even through the pain he experienced to explore this new place and this new person.

Fragile-minded Talitha gazed at her father with eyes full of apology and fear, hands stained with the blood of her dead lover's son and body trembling as she waited for instructions. "It's my fault, I shouldn't have taken them to Cotl, I shouldn't have shown him what I'd done. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Her legs gave out and the russet woman tumbled to the floor, hugging her own shoulders tightly with frail hands as something internal crushed what little spirit she still kept.

mall-caps;">Table coding by Sie!

<style>
.tali-o11 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.tali-o11 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.tali-o11 b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.tali-o11 {background-color:#467C94; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010d ... table2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#122A34; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; }
.tali-o11-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
span.copyrightedtali a {font-size:10px;font-family:Georgia;color:black;text-decoration:none;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread