king and country
[html]

As soon as she dropped the boy, the former Aquila reached down to pick him up. Despite the fact he had killed many men with his yellowing fangs, he had been a father before and knew the best way to carry the child without harming him—he was gentle enough that the pup squirmed only initially, and this time out of a desire to be put down rather than out of pain. Gabriel carried him towards the bed he had claimed and there set him. A few strong licks cleared most of the blood off, for they were only surface deep—save one, which by its intricacy, he knew to be his daughter’s work. He ignored his daughter’s dramatics, looking over the child for any wounds besides the cuts. There were none, and the doggish boy settled at the now welcomed attention.

While the child grew distracted by this unfamiliar figure, Gabriel turned to face his daughter. Fury burnt in his eyes, both at her and at the dog she called a mate. Had he still been Aquila, neither of them would be allowed to remain. “Neither of you are to touch him again. He is my grandchild regardless of who his father is, and I’ll be damned if I let your mistakes harm him further.” Black ears rose, a reminder of his position—no longer in the clan, though the Causarius were honored above all, but as her father.

<style>
.mel-crosstxt-box {background-image:url(http://imgur.com/D0dTU.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:237px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.mel-crosstxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.mel-crosstxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.mel-crosstxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.mel-crosstxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.mel-crosstxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread