king and country
[html]

Her features fell dull and gazed at the floor without emotion as Gabriel spoke in a similar sort of way. As if the oxygen had been sucked out of the air around her, she found it hard to breathe. She'd done something wrong, and again felt the sting of losing her father's love for it. He'd been right. She was like Faolin. She'd angered God. Halo had been right too. A tightness overtook her chest as he explained how the days would progress. She could hear her cousin, her only friend that remained in the land even over her brother, speaking with the strange woman who had come to reside in the guest house. It was better that Cern was there with them, instead of in his mother's care in the caverns where he couldn't be protected by her neglect.

It wasn't until he spoke about her brother that she regained some semblance of herself. Her body tensed and face twisted into outrage that he'd say such a thing about Ezekiel. "We're not crazy!" The barked words held little truth — she knew that she was wrong, but she firmly believed Ezekiel to be perfect as Gabriel once had been. How could he say such things about them when they'd been there for him over the years? Her anger didn't fade, but mixed with sorrow as the idea that he had been lying to her resurfaced. "You're wrong, Ezekiel loves me. He knows what I am and what I've done and he still loves me, even if you don't or can't or won't. I don't need you anymore. We don't need you anymore. We grew up without you."

She drew herself to her full height, red eyes kept away from him despite the confidence she tried to instill in herself. She was still his daughter, and she still submitted to him as she did to her brother despite her rank over him. "I'm sorry for what I did." For Caillen, for Cern, for Gabriel. The desire to throw herself into the sea arose once again as she realized what a monster she had become, but now she couldn't leave Ezekiel. Mad or not, she believed he needed her.

mall-caps;">Table coding by Sie!

<style>
.tali-o11 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.tali-o11 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.tali-o11 b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.tali-o11 {background-color:#467C94; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010d ... table2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#122A34; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; }
.tali-o11-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
span.copyrightedtali a {font-size:10px;font-family:Georgia;color:black;text-decoration:none;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread