a liar and a heretic
[html]
[/html] Hybrid resented hearing his family referred to that way. He didn't exactly understand what Gabriel was implying, but he didn't like the man's tone. It said something, as if the Massacre family wasn't a large part of what had made Inferni strong when it had faltered. When Inferni had come over the mountain, it had been Hybrid's flesh and blood that sustained it. For a time, it had been his family, not the Lykois or the de le Poers, who had nurtured this clan. And now, because of -- well, Hybrid didn't know what -- Gabriel was forsaking him. But why? Hybrid had always been faithful to Gabriel and had always done exactly what was asked of him. He had never lusted for power and had never sought things with a greedy heart. He had done his duty, but he was not just a soldier. At the very least, Hybrid had though the and Gabriel had a kinship.

He was not "just" anything.

"I was loyal to you, and now you forsake me," he replied slowly. "I gave you my life, my honour, and my service; and you..." he trailed off as he struggled to express himself. "I've sinned for you, but I understand you cannot sin for me. Forgive me for ever thinking I was just a piece of my family living to serve you," he spat. "Fuck," he added. He had no purpose, then, if his only ally didn't want him -- for anything, anymore. Just kill me, he should say, but he was no drama queen. "I never wanted anything from you except this, and I've only ever fucking wanted you. Fuck, fine, I'll drop it, fuck." [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread