I was a little girl alone in my little world
She helped to maneuver Wretch over the raised threshold, then turned to push the door closed behind her. A sudden gust of wind fought her for control of the door, pushing it inward as the cream colored wolf pushed it outward. The door slammed shut as Arye applied more force. She blinked her eyes, trying to adjust her sight to the gloom of this enclosed space. She could smell cloth, wood, and dust. This place seemed old and empty, definitely unclaimed by any tenant at the moment. How long had it been since someone other than Wretch and Arye had been inside?

The girl turned her gaze back to Wretch. Since the floor was more or less clear, she thought that Wretch would be able to move her chair by herself at this time. Arye walked a little further into the dim living space and leaned against an old couch, and then answered the blue-eyed girl's question. "I don't have any family here," she replied. There was no note of sadness in her voice, as she was just stating fact. No one here shared her blood. "I have a wonderful friend here though - Pripyat. He is the son of the ex-leader of Phoenix Valley. When I came here, I didn't really think of staying, but I stayed to get to know him. And now..." she spread her hands to indicate that her stay had grown into a permanent membership of the pack, which was now Ichika.

"I don't know Razekiel too well, either," Arye said, speaking of the hippie ryu. She definitely respected him as a leader, but did not find very much common ground with him. She respected his ideals and wanted to try to live a peaceful way of life, and as long as he promoted that, she could stand behind it.

Messages In This Thread