I was a little girl alone in my little world
Arye considered what Wretch had to say regarding families. She agreed that closeness and intimacy with another could blur the lines between family and friend, but Arye had always used the definition of family that included blood. She could barely picture her parents' faces, couldn't remember how many siblings she had had. Her family had been inconsequential to the cream colored girl, a long lost memory in a page of a book that had been tucked away and forgotten. This didn't sadden her. She didn't crave their presence. Sometimes she wondered about them, much as she wondered about any other thing that remained unknown, but she didn't mourn the lack of them in her life. Her life was full of plenty of other things.

Her brow furrowed as she caught the sparkle of the stones on Wretch's wrist. She leaned in closer to investigate the pro-offered wrist, golden eyes tracing the delicate network of stones and metal on her packmate's arm. What a curious sight! Arye would have liked to touch the stones, but thought better of it. She had just met Wretch and it wouldn't do to invade the blue-eyed girl's personal space. "They sparkle like the sun on water," Arye murmured in amazement. She hadn't seen anything like this human craftsmanship before up close.

Arye nodded. She knew of Cerne's Rise, but had not really ventured there. Her concerns as chen-tao had taken her throughout Ichika and she never really dwelt in any one place. "I don't live anywhere yet," Arye offered in response, leaning away from her investigation of Wretch's bracelet. "I'm still looking, but I really like Trenton here. I was actually scouting out a home, sort of, before it started raining."

Messages In This Thread