To live without hope is to cease to live
[html]

Word Count :: 200+

The heavy silence was not lost on her, and once the woman spoke her words caused Liliya to pause for a moment, wondering if she misunderstood the woman's language. Her words, she thought, were ones that seemed like they should be spoken in annoyance, yet the woman's voice told her differently. Thoroughly confused, Liliya tried to recall her time spent in Cour des Miracles, hoping to draw on that experience to help with whatever vein this conversation would follow.

After a moment, she decided to answer the woman as honestly as she could. “My apologies. We do not make habit of trespassing, no. We did not know pack was here until we arrive. We will be on our way, out of your hair.” She waved a hand to punctuate her words.

“If I may know where Mother is now, I will get her and we will go,” she nodded hopefully, hoping the woman would cooperate. Unless, perhaps, she couldn't cooperate. Maybe she hadn't stopped Verusha in her wanderings. Or worse, maybe she had. She tried not to show anything past her general concern for her elderly mother.

After a moment of pause, she added; “Please. I will return you a favor.”

Image courtesy of mnshots@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-b02 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3AFsz.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#45799B; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:305px 0px 10px 0px; color:#142C3C; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-b02 b {color:#96BDD7; }
.liliya-b02 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-b02 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread