To live without hope is to cease to live
[html]

Word Count :: 300+

In that moment some of Liliya's nervousness abated. Her mother was safe, and wherever she was this woman was willing to work out a deal. Just as Liliya had guessed, all she wanted was to be repaid for helping the women. Well, that was more than fair. Little did the Russo child know that by safe Eris meant locked in a dark basement somewhere. All she heard was that her mother was alright, had been fed (thank god, for she'd been gone for two days), and all of this meant that they could be on their way to finding the other Russos soon.

What could she offer in return? Well, if the biggest problem was that her mother had eaten the pack's food, then, “I have learnt to feesh from my father. I can catch many feesh for your pack. I can cook for you too. I replace food she ate.” Making good on this promise would take at least another day off of her journey, two if the fish weren't biting, but she was confidant enough that she could reel in a good supply.

Then again, Liliya thought, why would a pack who lived by the sea not already have great fisherman? Was what she offered anything special? At least it would replenish the food supply, even if fish weren't the same delicacy here as they were among other packs. Still, she began to worry that the offer wasn't enough.

“If that is not good enough,” she decided to add on. “I am crafty woman, I can do a lot. You name what you want, I tell you if I can do or not. Yes?” She took a step closer to Eris, closing in the span between them, now feeling more akin to this woman. She had kept her mother safe after she wandered off, and for that Eris owed her something. It was just a matter of a simple business transaction now. Right?

Image courtesy of mnshots@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-b02 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3AFsz.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#45799B; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:305px 0px 10px 0px; color:#142C3C; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-b02 b {color:#96BDD7; }
.liliya-b02 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-b02 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread