Friends are flowers in life's garden.
((Sorry for the wait!))

He shrugged, smiling. "I guess your right, I hadn't thought of that. You know, honestly, I think we could plant them outside and they'd be fine. Its not cold or anything, and we can bring the compost right to the garden. The other plants would benefit from it too. There's a wheelbarrow and gloves in the stables. Come on." He took her by the elbow and guided her to the stable. Once inside, he got out the gloves and handed them to Orin, his tail wagging. He pulled out the wheelbarrow, a shovel, and a pitchfork, and showed her where the still small compost pile was.

He grinned at her. "It's actually got no smell, Orin." He figured that was her problem. There were some wolves who had issues with the smellier things in life. Having puppies was no joy. Mucking out stables was no joy. However, the compost really had no smell. If he hadn't said what was in it, she might not have ever guessed what kind of manure was in it. He handed her a shovel, and began turning the compost pile with the pitchfork so the richer compost was on top.

"Take the stuff off the top. It will have more nutrients and other good stuff." He lifted a worm, grinning. "See how fat the worm is? It means the compost is good and rich, and will work well as fertilizer. Our pumpkins will be huge." His tail was wagging again, a child like smile on his face. He was excited about the pumpkins now, as much as Orin had been.

Messages In This Thread