on the road again...
[html]

27th August! haha

Green eyes could still see the petite feet of the female but the big body blocking his veiw was demanding most of his attention. He focussed on the man instead, noting the slightly defensive pose he took over the female on the rock and the nervous energy that seemed to emit from the males body. He could understand where it came from, where this wariness came from. They smelt wild, and therefore they belonged to no pack, they were relatively unarmed it seemed and unprotected, plus they had livestock to defend as well as themselves. It was clear they could smell Ichika from here and this would have put them on alert. Or at least the male, since the female still appeared to be asleep. His attention was momentarily dragged away by the horses' antics as Hermes and the paint mare that he had found sniffed at each other, vocalising a few thoughts it appeared.

The voice that bought his attention back to the pair was like nothing he had ever heard before. There was something of a drawl to the vowals, something different to the way most others spoke around here. It was not prominant enough for Saul not to understand him, but it was still there. "A pleasure to meet you Wayne... and Dixie-May" He offered in return, a grin tugging at his lips. He found that he quite liked the male he was speaking to- there was something very down to earth about him. He glanced over to see what the horses were up to, feeling embarrassed when his own horse twisted his head and lifted his upper lip to taste the air. He was saved from having to say something by the stirring of the female now known as Dixie-May.

"Dixie it is. And please, just Saul will do!"

He returned, finding that he quite liked the female as well. Both of them were friendly in his opinion despite the energy rolling off of Wayne's posture. She commented on the horses and Saul turned his body to look at them properly. They'd moved on to immature prancing about each other, nipping softly at each other's flanks in a game of sorts. "She'll get there eventually, you've just got to build up some trust." He reassured her, thinking of how Maia was coming around. She would allow him to touch her now and was doing very well on the lunge rope. Dixie moved over to the horses and Saul moved with her, glancing back to see if her companion was going to come with them. Saul's stomach dropped as Dixie picked up on their behvaiour, an embarrassed shrug moving his body. He couldnt very well drag Hermes away without ending his conversation with the both of them. Dixie's voice made him pause and look back. Her horse was about to go into heat, or perhaps she was already in heat from the way Hermes danced around her.

"I-I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say!" He stuttered as Dixie moved to the stallions side and began to scratch his shoulder. Luckily he seemed to enjoy the attention more for the moment and relaxed at the females touch. Dixie looked back and complimented Hermes before asking where he lived. "I live in Ichika no Ho-en, a newly formed pack just over the mountains. I'm real sorry about Hermes..." He said, coming to stand by her side. He had Hermes' bridle in his satchel and the horse was only tacked up with his saddle so there was no way he could pull him away even if he wanted to. Mortified he waited for the pair to speak once more and turn the attention elsewhere.

word count → 000 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread