The tide is coming in
Liliya nodded her understanding as Eris pointed out that the river was also the border of her territory. These were her last steps as a lone wolf. She felt hesitant to cross the river with Eris, but knowing little about Salsoan culture she didn’t know that having a relationship with her family after her acceptance in Salsoa would be impossible. At least there were two family members in the pack – even if the girl wasn’t fully aware of one yet, only suspected – which would make life easier for her. The present status of one would come as an added hardship, though.

She spared one glance behind her as Eris stepped out onto the crossing, and got a sinking feeling that even if she wanted to run now Eris wouldn’t let that happen. She already knew that loyalty was important to the woman, and she had already promised her allegiance.

“Madam Eris, may I ask question? This Janos in pack,” she asked as she crossed the river with Eris. “You say he is Russian. Is he Russo? I would like to know. Family is everythink to me. I must meet him if he is.”

Her eyes peered before her, scanning the terrain as though she expected her coyote-woman mother to pop out of the foliage and greet them, but Verusha never came. Oh well, it is not like Verusha should have expected her to show up. She would see her in time. For now, she must attend to Eris to pacify her new leader. There was still business at hand to finalize her acceptance into Salsoa.

Messages In This Thread